Monday, February 22, 2010

NEVER BE SICK AGAIN!!!!!!

This weekend I got sick...

I woke up Saturday with a horrible sore throat and headache. I Didn't think much of my head hurting, 'cause it's fairly normal for me, unfortunately. I had to be in the kitchen at 7:15 to start coffee and do guest help. I reluctantly got up, got ready for the day and stumbled down into the kitchen. I started the coffee immediately, it was a family retreat and they were already lining up for their morning coffee. One pot after another, I complete lost count of how much coffee I made, I know it wasn't close my record (I think my record was 30 pots of coffee in one meal maybe more), but it was still a lot.

After the guest help I did breakfast clean and then I was off to clean Mi Casa (the Eagle Quest Lodge) and the EQ bath house with Kent and Lezlie and Moses. Mi Casa wasn't bad so I decided I'd clean it up by myself, I just cleaned off the counters, moved some bike stuff and then decided to mop. I actually strangely enjoyed it...I usually hate mopping, but for some reason I was sort of enjoying it (I must have been sick!). After some cleaning it was off to lunch and meal clean, then Amanda and I went to the rock site to set up the ropes and belay for some people that might want to climb. Finally, after 4 hours of belaying I headed back to camp, exhausted and with the biggest headache I've had in a while. I looked really pathetic, so pathetic in fact that LA stopped me to ask how I was feeling. She told me to skip meal clean and go sleep and relax. It was 30 minutes till dinner and I didn't know if I could make it through the meal, I had gone to the coffee shop with the intention of checking my Facebook before dinner, but just ended up laying on the couch wonder how I made it through the day. My head felt hot but the rest of me was freezing, I thought my head was going to explode. I decided that it might be smart to check my temperature just to see and sure enough I had about 102 degree fever. And I was sent to my cabin to sleep. I got there, ate a little and fell asleep by 6 o'clock. I slept for a whopping 15 hours!!!

I don't think I've ever slept for that long before in my life, it was crazy!!! But I was really tired. Well, I spent that last day and a half in bed and now I feel a lot better, no my headache, or sore throat, only a cough that's no even too bad.

Anyways, all of this just to say, I missed my mom a whole lot. I always do when I get sick and she's not around, but I really missed her when I was walking to my cabin thinking my head was going to explode! When I was little and I would get sick she would always read me Morris the Moose, Morris Has a Cold, the last line of the book is "NEVER GET SICK AGAIN!!!!!!!!" We would always yell it together at the end of the book!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my dearest Leah! Please do as the book says and never get sick again! I am so glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete